The long winter months have finally given way to spring and now on to summer! This is a time when we feel refreshed and renewed and want to air out our homes and lighten the look of the Décor. Here are some easy changes that will transform your spaces for summer. Before you begin, use this sure fire method of assessing the areas that are cluttered and need change. Take photos of your rooms including all the corners. We can evaluate our own spaces so much more effectively by looking at photographs. The old rug or cluttered bookshelf are suddenly visible in your eye and mind!
Then consider the following:
- Purchase a few new sets of decorative pillows in a fun palette to reenergize your sofas and chairs. Add a throw in a coordinating color. This is such an easy fun transformation.
- Consider painting a focal point wall in a room with a new accent color. This isn’t an overwhelming project but can bring a whole new focus to your room.
- Purchase a new area rug or runner to give a hall or family room a new grounding. There are many reasonably priced choices. We often let our areas rugs get old and out of date. This change can give a “room lift” instantly.
- Empty bookshelves completely, edit and refill. Stack books horizontally and vertically using accessories to stage. Less is more for this project. Do you really need ALL of those books? Think of them as the main accessory and choose the right sizes for your staging. Give away or store any excess. Purchase some new accessories for this project. Bring home 2 or 3 times more than you need so you can experiment and do returns afterwards. Sometimes it helps to bring your room photos to refer to when shopping.
- If your budget allows consider some new window treatments. With spring comes a whole new array of beautiful fabrics to choose from.
- A kitchen or bath make over is a larger project but if it is in your budget spring is the perfect time for that transformation.
These ideas should help refresh and reenergize your home. Have fun with it!
R S INTERIORS INC.
Roberta Sauter (Bobbie)
1984 Somerset Lane
Wheaton, Il 60189
phone & fax: 630-690-0016