Hardwood flooring is becoming more and more popular nowadays. It’s relatively easy to maintain, a beautiful addition and valuable!
But, just like carpet, there are so many different products to choose from! There are different species, different sizes, and different stains! Making your decision may not be very simple.
There is one particular topic that many people debate on: dark hardwood or light hardwood. You have to determine what’s best for you and we can help with a list of some pros and cons for both!
- Currently the most popular in trends
- More modern
- Less expensive to stain floors darker
- Go with lighter cabinets the best
- Hides gaps, knots and water stains better
- Shows almost all dirt and dust so needs to constantly be swept up and maintained
- Shows scratches more
- Makes spaces appear smaller
- Does not show a lot of dust and dirt, needs less maintenance
- Hides scratches and dents because of the lighter color
- Goes with darker cabinets the best
- Makes spaces appear larger
- Not as trendy as it once was
- Staining existing floor to lighter colors costs more
Overall, your choice between dark and light hardwood really depends on what you like! We always feel that you should go with what you love and what looks good to you, instead of having to follow the newest trends or what’s popular at the moment.